Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

First Sale!

I made my first sale! :) I'm so happy. It feels so good to finally get that first sale in. I sold a recycled "I Am a Little Polar Bear" journal (here). The buyer said it was going to be a gift for someone.

Here's how I packaged it.

I made a bunch of envelopes to write little notes to my customers in. They were a lot of fun to make and pretty easy. I tore an envelope apart and used it as a pattern. I made the envelopes out of decorative paper I had. I always have scraps of left over decorative paper that are left over for my journals so it was good to find something to do with it (it's also nice because I can sometimes use the same decorative paper as I used in the journal so it matches). I'm also thinking for the larger journals, I'm going to include a list of journaling ideas inside the envelope.



In my envelope for my first sale, I included a little note and a couple business cards.



And my packaging came out like this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya,

I really like how you package your items .. very nice presentation!

I'm from Etsy and the forum, I dropped by to look around. :-)

See you at Etsy!
Diana

Debbie said...

Congratulations on your first sale! I also have a shop on Etsy.

Your envelopes are very nice and I'm sure they add a nice touch to your packaging.
I also like your roses box.
Have a great day!
Debbie

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio