Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Craftster Challenge: Playing Cards

I'm participating in a craft challenge on craftster.org. The theme was playing cards. It just happened about a week before I read about the challenge, I picked up a set of blank playing cards from Paper Source. I decided to make my own set of playing cards - hand drawing and watercoloring all the cards. I used scrap decorative paper on the back of each one. I always have a bunch of scrap paper laying around from journals so this was a perfect use for my leftover paper. Here's some pictures:



The box is handmade out of glossy photo paper and decorative paper. I love this whale paper. :)



Playing solitaire... as some people pointed out on my craftster post, you can't really play with them because you (or somebody playing with you) could memorize the back of the cards because they use different decorative paper on each one. I played solitaire with them and I think it works out (it's more based on luck than guessing other people's cards anyway).



Close up of some of the face cards.

You can see a bunch more pictures in my flickr gallery. I uploaded 65 photos and used up all my flickr space from this month, haha (that's never happened to me before). I had a lot of fun making them, but it's definitely not something I'd do again right away since it takes a while to get all the details in. The hardest part for me was doing the face cards because it has to be pretty much identical upside down. I was thinking of selling them, but I don't know if I want to give them away and I'm not sure how much I would sell them for.

You can do me a favor if you vote for me in the challenge. The winner gets featured on paper crafts section on the site, which would get some more exposure to my shop. :) I don't really care if I win, but I might actually have a chance since there's only 3 other people that entered (which also did some awesome projects).

Besides the challenge, I've been working on Excel Spreadsheets a lot. I also sell stuff on EBay, so I worked on a spreadsheet for that, which turned out to be pretty difficult with all the fees they have. I also made a spreadsheet to keep track of my sales. I feel so organized.

4 comments:

Cherry Lane Jane said...

you did a great job on them and I would hate to part with them if I were you!

::::Lula Boutique:::: said...

That is such a cool idea! They look great!

T.Allen said...

They're very nice, lots of work went into that project I bet!

ThreadBeaur said...

Thanks for the link!
I will be keeping an eye on your blog for updates. I have your listing in my blog list on the right side of the page!

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio