Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Shop Updates

This weekend, I decided I'd take a little break from making journals because sometimes I tend to overwork myself. And last night, my awl broke (which is a tool used to poke holes) so I don't think I'll make journals until my new awl comes.

The good thing is I got to order a new awl and shopping is always fun. I ended up buying from Paper Source, which is a really good place to get decorative paper. I couldn't help myself and picked up some new paper. I can't wait to try my ideas for new designs. :) Some of the papers I got:

My Faces in Crowd journal is featured in a treasury for my Etsy for Autism team. This is the second time I've been featured in a treasury. It's so exciting to be featured!

Speaking of teams, I'm thinking of donating two items to charities (as part of teams I'm in). For the Etsy for Autism team, I made this cute autism journal made with the official puzzle piece autism awareness fabric. It came out really nice, I wish I could show photos, but I don't have a camera (see previous post). I think it's one of the nicest journals I've made. I'm thinking of donating half (or a percentage) of the money to KindTree.org (the featured charity in Etsy for Autism).

Also, I got an email today from another team I'm in, Etsy for Animals, that donates to various animal groups. The organization Dogs for the Deaf needs blankets and other items for their animals. I think I might make a blanket for dogs. I was also thinking of making dog treats, since I love the cook and it's not something I usually get to do in my shop.

There's also some other stuff I'm working for on my shop including tote bags and iPod cases. I haven't put anything but journals up yet, so I'm excited to be able to experiment with other crafts too.

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio