Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals for 2011

Happy New Year's Eve! I thought I'd post some of my goals for the upcoming year. Here are my Etsy related goals:

*Make new items - I want to make new items and maybe learn new bookbinding techniques. I feel like I don't make journals as much as I used to so it'd be nice to craft more. I also want to experiment with new paper crafts (such as new types of boxes and calendars).

*List new items - I'm going to try to list new items a couple times a week. I also want to renew items every day.

*Do more craft shows - I want to try to do more craft shows and get my items in more shops offline. I sell more in craft shows than online so it would help my sales. I also want to get experience selling in a bigger craft show (I've only done smaller ones for local schools). Let me know if you know about any good craft shows in the Chicago area.

*Promote more - I want to find new ways to promote my shop. I'm going to try to get my business cards out more. I want to try paid advertising, but I want to make sure it would be effective. I also think connecting with other websites could help (e.g. exchanging links with related sites, hosting giveaways on more popular blogs). If you have any recommendations for places to advertise, let me know.

*Get more sales - It'd be nice to get more consistent sales (like once a month instead of randomly). Someone on the Etsy forums said they want to double their sales from last year and I thought that was a good goal. It'd also be nice if I got repeat customers. I was thinking of putting some kind of coupon in my orders (like getting 20% off your next order). Do you like getting coupons when you order something from Etsy? Would you be more likely to buy again?

Also, here are some of my non Etsy related goals:

*Stress less - I want to try to relax more. I've been trying to meditate and do yoga every day and it really helps me feel more focused.

*Continue to workout - In the month of December, I did a new workout every day and marked down each day I worked out. It felt really good to workout every day and writing it down made me see how much I accomplished.

*Write more - I like to write creatively (short stories, poetry, etc.) and I want to try to write more this year. I also want to write in my journal more.

*Keep building my collections - I tend to collect a lot of stuff - music, DVDs, candles, books, betc. I want to continue building on these collections.

What are your goals or resolutions for 2011?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I posted some baking goals on my blog (and some blog goals)

Personal ones include more excersize, more house cleaning, taking a few classes, and learning to sew

ShabbyNChic said...

I too want to list more items in my shop and stress less. I think the former will be easier for me. ;) Opposite of yours, I will not do any craft shows (not worth it for me) and I want to collect less - trying to save $ for a trip.

Kristin Aquariann said...

Great goals! I share many of yours in relation to selling items. And unfortunately, I have to make the generic "lose weight" one this year - the holidays were not nice to my figure. 0.o

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio