Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Item Feature - Extra Big Book of Abstract Patterns

Note: This blog entry is an item feature entry. I wrote it to include more info about a listing I put on Etsy so I could show more info and photos.

This extra large art book contains 12 original watercolor paintings of abstract patterns. Each page is double sided with a painting on each side. It measures about 34 x 25 inches when closed. The front and back covers use brown book cloth. The book is stitched using the coptic stitch method with twine. The inside covers are painted with white paint and gesso. I made this book as part of a Book Arts class I took in college.



I used the dotting method for these purple and blue rectangles that sort of remind me of a garden arrangement.




This pattern uses purple, gray and blue colors. I made the pattern by experimenting with sponge patterns and dotting the paper to leave white space underneath.





These zig zag patterns remind me of a jigsaw puzzle. The left painting uses different colors. The right painting uses orange as it's color theme.










I made these circular patterns that remind me of the patterns water makes when you drop something in it. The left painting uses the colors blue and green while the right uses red, purple and yellow.













These two painting use an organic, linear sort of pattern with watercolor paint. The blue painting started off as one painting I was doing for another project, but ended up turning in to a whole big book of patterns.









These paintings use x shaped crosses to make different patterns. The pattern on the left uses tan and orange colors with purple. The painting on the right uses different shades of green. 












These two paintings use wavy patterns in different ways. The green painting on the left started off as one texture with light green and blue colors. I then went over it with these dark green waves outlined in black.





These brown and black swirls sort of remind me of bark in trees. If buying, please note there is a small tear in this painting as you can see in the first photo.




For pricing info and to purchase, see my Etsy listing here.

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio