Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Chalkboard Paint Ideas

I recently played around with using chalkboard paint. I found it for pretty cheap on eBay. When you paint it on a surface, it turns the surface in to a chalkboard material that you can write on. It looks like black paint, but can also come in different colors. Here are some chalkboard paint ideas:

Labels



I created labels for my last craft show with plain labels and chalkboard paint. You can change the label to whatever you want. Labels are also good for sticking on drawers, anywhere in your home, on pouches, etc.

Old Photo Frame



I had this painting in a photo frame I found at a thrift shop. I didn't really like the painting that much, but I loved the gold frame so I just painted over the glass part and made it in to a chalkboard I can put on display.

Planters



Chalkboard paint is great for planting pots because you can write what plant you're planting and then reuse it with a different label. Here's an example where I wrote "Mint" on the chalkboard area.

Etsy Items



I also played around with using chalkboard paint on some Etsy items I could sell. I upcycled an old mini journal in to a chalkboard paint journal. I still have to list it on Etsy. I am also making a journal from scratch with chalkboard paint on the cover. I think I am going to coptic stitch it with some ribbon I have. I'll post how it turns out. Later, I want to try making chalkboard paint on my boxes and maybe use it on some greeting cards.

Have you ever used chalkboard paint?

3 comments:

Memories for Life said...

I love the pots and your journal. Isn't chalkboard paint fun!

EveryDay Bloom said...

Love the chalkboard pot idea! Would never have thought of it...Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

Unknown said...

hey! this is so cute! i would really love some chalkboard paint :-) would you mind checking out my blog? its almondsandoatmeal.blogspot.com and i only just started and i would love some people to have a look or leave a comment! thanks x

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio