Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Gift Guide Part I - Children, Fashionista and Food Lover

Welcome to the gift guide! This is a list I made of suggestions for gifts for the holiday season (or just some new items you can add to your Etsy favorites). There's going to be 3 different parts - posted Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Here's part 1 that has items for the children, the fashionista and cook/food lover.

For Children

There's so many great items for children on Etsy. I was looking at a toy store over Thanksgiving break (just for fun) and realized there were a lot nicer items on Etsy that were handmade. I love handmade children's items because they're unique and would make great memories for children.

Goat Milk Tub Soap



This crayon soap is a perfect gift for children. It's creative and encourages them to wash themselves.

Counting Sheep Musical Fleece Mobile



This hand sewn fleece mobile is great for babies. I love the sheep idea.

Stuffed Hippo



Hippo were my favorite animal when I was little. Stuffed hippos are always so vibrant and bright, I love looking at them.

Wish Upon a Star Elephant and Rabbit Print



This simple artwork would look nice in a children's room (or an adult's). It looks like a page out of a storybook.

Your Name in Crayons



There are a lot of unique crayons on etsy in different shapes and colors. I like these because you can personalize them for a gift. You also don't have to buy the whole alphabet and get to pick 8 letters.


For the Fashionista

I didn't include any clothes, but found some jewelry and accessories on Etsy that would make great gifts. It was hard to choose just a few.

Extra Long Corset Fingerless Gloves



I love these fingerless gloves from a fellow EtsyVeg team member and the ribbon around them. I think I read somewhere that Courtney Love has bought from this seller.

Giordana Rose Ring - Teal



These rings made out of polymer clay roses are so pretty. It would be a great gift for any women in your life. I love the blue color in this one.

Pocket Mirrors



I never realized how many cute pocket mirrors were on Etsy. Here's an example of one seller. These would make great stocking stuffers or great for anyone.

Sketchbook Bangle



I love the unique look of this bangle and the handmade look of it.


For the Cook/Food Lover

These items are great for anyone who loves to cook or just loves food.

Kitty Cat Recipe Cards



This cute recipes cards are perfect for food and animal lovers. It features original illustrations of cats with cooking items. There is space to let you write a recipe, serving size, preparation time and other information.

Hand Painted Lemon Slice Recycled Wall Clock



I love creative clocks like these and knew I had to include it in my gift guide when I saw it. This clock is made to look like a lemon. It would look great as a kitchen clock.

Grow Your Own Food Shirt



I love the statement on this shirt. Great for gardeners and food lovers.

Ice Cream Sundae and Popsicle Full Apron



This apron is perfect to give somebody who loves to cook. I love the cute fabric on it and how it has a nice shape to it.

Cookies Are Love (Print)



I love the cute prints in this shop. The saying on here is so true and it would look great in somebody's kitchen.

Thanks for everyone who made suggestions in my threads. Check back tomorrow and Sunday for Parts 2 and 3!

3 comments:

owlsomegifts said...

what great ideas! I love that ring.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic feature - those baby gifts are so cute - that hippos is adorable!

Nicole Lilyquist said...

Love the gift guide! Boojiboo's aprons are wonderful, the quality of the fabric is just amazing.

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio