Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Olympics: Gymnastics

Gymnastics is one of my favorite sports to watch on the Olympics. Gymnastics uses strength, flexibility, balance, agility, endurance and control. 

 

Artistic gymnastics is the most popular division of gymnastics. The women's events includes being judged on vault, uneven bars, balance beam and floor exercise. Men's events are floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars and horizontal bar. 

 
Did you know gymnastics evolved from circus performing skills? Another version of gymnastics is rhythmic gymnastics. Rhythmic gymnastics manipulate one or two pieces of apparatus - rope, hoop, ball, clubs, ribbon and freehand. It combines ballet, gymnastics and dance. 
 

Have you watched trampolining? Trampolining involves performing acrobatics while bouncing on a big trampoline. Athletes perform jumps, somersaults and twists. 

I took gymnastics when I was little. I also used to have a big trampoline in my backyard where I would play with my friends. 

Let me know if you watch gymnastics in the comments. 

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio