Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

No Chill Vegan Molasses Cookies Recipe

I love the flavor of gingerbread and molasses. I made these Vegan Molasses Cookies from Food.com. They are pretty easy to make and take about 20 minutes.



Ingredients
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon clove
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups brown sugar 
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons molasses
3 tablespoons sugar, for rolling

Note: If you want to make sure these are vegan, use vegan sugar and molasses. 

Instructions:

 
 
  1. 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F or 165 degrees Celsius.
  2. 2. In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.
  3. 3. In a medium sized bowl, combine brown sugar, vegetable oil, molasses, vanilla and apple sauce.
  4.  
  5. 4. Combine dry and wet mixture to form the dough. Stir until just combined.
  6.  
  7. 5. Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and form round cookie balls. Roll the doughs of balls in to sugar (I forgot to do this step so they turn out okay either way; they just won't be as sweet without the sugar). 
  8.  
  9. 6. On an ungreased cookie sheet, add the dough balls. Press them down slightly with your fingers. 
  10.  
  11. 7. Bake for 13-16 minutes in the oven. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. 
  12.  
  13. Overall, these cookies came out pretty good. They were not my favorite cookie ever, but they were pretty good. I think I will try rolling them in sugar next time. The texture was good and I liked the flavoring. I also like that you don't have to chill the dough so they were easy to make.
  14. What kind of cookies do you like to make? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio