Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

College Art Show

Sorry I haven't updated for a while. My laptop broke and I had to buy a new one. I also have finals at my college so I haven't had time to do a lot of Etsy related things. I wanted to share an art project I made for school though.

I'm a Junior in college and in art major and we have to do a Junior Seminar project our junior year. I made an oversized journal with mixed media paintings inside. I'm going to post more details photos of my actual project in a separate entry once I go through all the photos. I took some photos of the art show opening though and thought I'd share them. It was fun to see everyone's artwork up, especially since I knew most of the people and saw them working in the process of their artwork.

Picture 259

This is a sign we made (really quickly) for the junior show.

Picture 243

You can see my book here. I'll have photos of each page later so you can see everything. it was fun to see people looking at my stuff.

Picture 272

Picture 262

Picture 269

This was one of the senior projects where she had viewers paint words to complete the phrase "I am...". I wrote "an artist" in blue on top of the "I".

Picture 296

Picture 225

Picture 241

Picture 282

Picture 276

The above photos are some work of some of my classmates.

Overall, it was a lot of fun, even though it was a lot of work to put everything together. It's actually my first experience in a real art show so it was exciting for me. I'll have more updates on Etsy and everything in the future once I get my new laptop. :)

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

I LOVE the interactive "I am" board!

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio