Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Product Review: Madison Nail Polish

I recently made a purchase from an Etsy shop, Madison Street Beauty. I found the shop because I was reading an Etsy business article that recommended looking at the top selling shops on Etsy and seeing what they do to get business. I ended up buying 4 nail polishes from them because they were 60% off for Mother's Day. I thought it was a great deal to get natural nail polish for only $2/bottle and I have been wanting to try handmade nail polish/beauty products from Etsy.

Madison Street Beauty was started to create affordable, all natural, vegan and environmentally friendly cosmetics. Besides nail polish, they sell other makeup such as foundation, blush, lip balm and eye shadow. The nail polish is non toxic, handmade and never tested on animals. It is 3-free which means it's free from the chemicals Formaldehyde, Toluene, and Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP). I purchased the colors Island Cove, Cosmic Girl, Venus and Platinum. Here's the nail polish packaging and the colors on my nails:



Here is more about each individual color:


Island Cove is a nice turquoise color. It's similar to a color from OPI  that I had called Catch Me in Your Net, but I like the color of this one better. The OPI polish had more glitter while the Madison Street Beauty nail polish is more shimmer-y.



Cosmic Girl is a sort of purple-ly pink color. I really like this color and it might be my favorite out of the ones I bought.



Venus is a pretty coral color. It's also similar to an OPI color I already had called Melon of Troy. Melon of Troy is a little more orange compared to Venus though.



Platinum is a silver color. I thought it would be more white, but it's a good bright silver color.

All the colors are really nice and have a shimmer effect to them. The only problem I had with them is when I first tested out a color without a base coat, my nails stained a little so I'd recommend putting a base and top coat over the colors so you don't stain your nails.

The size is also pretty small, but since the price was so affordable, I think it's a good deal. The size is 5 ml / 0.17 oz mini nail polish bottle with classic brush. I like that the brush is smaller than the OPI brush because I have small hands.

Overall, if you're looking natural, handmade cosmetics that are affordable, I'd recommend trying ou Madison Street Beauty.

You can get a 20% discount from their store if you enter the code "MOVETHENEEDLE" at checkout.

Have you ever bought handmade beauty products?

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio