Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

What's On My Bookshelf

I got the idea from the Like a Bird blog to do a "what's on my bookshelf" blog entry. I thought it'd be a fun post and a good way to get to know me better.

These are some of my books:

Books and Boxes by Benjamin D. Rinehart



This book helped get me in to bookbinding and taught me how to make books and boxes. It's a good book if you're new at paper crafts and the tutorials are easy to follow. It has some unique ideas and I still like looking at it to get inspired.

Girlosophy 2: The Love Survival Kit



I randomly picked up this book years ago. It kind of reminds me of a magazine because it's a mixture of photography and text. The theme for this book is love (the original Girlosophy is just about life, this is the second edition). It has a lot of photos and inspirational quotes and text about love.

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella



I love Sophie Kinsella novels. Her books are entertaining chick lit reads, but they're good too. This is my favorite book by her. It's about a young woman who gets visited by the ghost of her great aunt. Together to try to find a necklace that belonged to the aunt.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



I heard a lot of good things about this series so I picked it up a few months ago and I loved it. The series is a science fiction about a post-apocalpytic world where the government holds an annual televised event called the Hunger Games. Children are forced to fight for their lives on live television, but only one person survives. The books are intense and really well written and make you think.

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann



This is another series I like. I read it in junior high/high school, but I still love the books. It's a good series about friendship and growing up. The movies based on the book are good too.

Brida by Paulo Coelho



I picked this book up at an airport a while ago, but I haven't started this book yet. I heard it was a good book so I'm looking forward to reading it. It tells the story of an Irish girl who wishes to become a witch.

Tell All by Chuck Palahniuk



Chuck Palahniuk is one of my favorite authors. I have almost every one of his books on my bookshelf and a couple are autographed. This is his most recent book. I haven't read it yet, I think I might save it for this summer.

Blink by Malcolm Gladwell



I just started this book. It's about using your intuition and making good life decisions. I like reading self help books like this and I think it will be a really interesting read.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson



This book has little bits of advice about not "sweating the small stuff". It reminds you to take a lighthearted approach in life and not to overreact to things. It's good to read when I'm feeling stressed or need a little life advice.

You can also add me on Goodreads if you want. What are your favorite books? What books are you currently reading?

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio