Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Favorite Shops on Etsy

It's Etsy's Birthday! Etsy opened 5 years ago from today. In celebration, I thought I'd share some of my favorite shops on Etsy.

Boygirlparty



This was the first shop I hearted on Etsy. The shop has various items (shirts, stationary, etc.) with designs that are really clever and creative. I've always loved this zebra/piano design which was also used as a logo for the band Postal Service on one of their shirts. I've never bought from them, but I think I will someday.

Willowing



Willowing makes original mixed media art that have inspiring messages. The characters are sort of dream like and the art is always inspiring to me. I had a print of hers that I hung in my room that said "You Are a Beautiful Expression of the Universe" and it always made me happy. I also follow some of her blogs (on Livejournal, Tumblr and YouTube) where she shares how she makes her work.

Sweets and Hearts



Erica, who runs this shop, runs the EtsyU team for college students and is around the same age as me. It's nice to see other people my age on Etsy. This shop sells really fun clothes and accessories. A lot of the stuff has bows or polka dots on it and it's really girly. I got a shirt from this shop and it's one of my favorite shirts.

The Dainty Squid



This is another fun shop run by a girl about my age. She makes cute pouches with great fabrics. She also has a really interesting Flickr/tumblr where she shares vintage items she finds and things from her life.

The Rainbow Room



I recently discovered this colorful shop on Etsy. All the items use really vibrant colors and a lot are multicolored/rainbow colored. I'm pretty sure all the items are made of felt.

You can see all shops I like in my favorites. There's so many great and unique shops on Etsy, but these were just the first ones I thought of. Share your favorite shops/items on Etsy in the comments!

4 comments:

Judy Goddard said...

HI Anna!

Your blog is very nicely done!

I dabble in card making and just made a special one for a special couple.

I'd love it you would take a peek and tell me what you think.

Judy

Sarah B. said...

Great shops! I love Boy Girl Party too and just featured them on my blog :). Happy Birthday Etsy!!

Amber Rose said...

Cool blog! Awesome features! Can't believe it's been 5 years!

Sweets and Hearts said...

thank you so much for mentioning my shop, anna! i really appreciate it. ^_^

<3
erica

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio