Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day, Craft Show and Recycled Items

Happy Earth Day! My college held a craft show type event for Earth Day so I decided to sell some of my crafts in it. I had fun doing it. It was busier than I thought it'd be and reminded me of a craft show I did at Esperanza last summer. One of my cards sold right away. It was a newer card and I didn't have the chance to get a photo of it. I collaged photos from a magazine I had from the 1950s. That was the only thing that sold, but I got lots of admirers and comments which was nice. It was also fun to see what other crafts and recycled items people were selling.

Since it's Earth Day, I thought I'd post some items I have in my Recycled Items.

I have a couple movie poster recycled journals. I want to make more like these in the future:

Hope Floats Movie Upcycled Journal



Center Stage Movie Upcycled Journal



I have some items made out of recycled books. The "I Am a Little Duck" is the first item I sold on Etsy:

I Am a Little Animal Upcycled Journal



Upcycled Swan Flyaway Journal



These are some items I made with vintage items, from magazines:

Best Wishes Red Birthday Greeting Card



Vintage Girl Coptic Bound Book



These items are altered journals. I started with an old journal that was already bound and redid the covers:

Asian Print Mini Upcycled Journal



Altered Octopus Spiral Journal



What are you doing to celebrate Earth Day?

2 comments:

Sharon said...

The upcycling of old books is so wonderful.

Judy Goddard said...

What a great idea! Very clever. I esepcially like the
Vintage Girl Coptic Bound Journal.

I wish you great success.

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio