Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Music Notebook & Consignment

I gave 8 of my items for consignment for a new shop opening in downtown Chicago today. I went down today to give them my items. The shop's not opening until next week, but it's a cute little shop and I think it'll be good to get my items out there. I'm excited about it. I gave away some of my best journals so it's kind of sad to see them go, but just gives me an opportunity to make more journals and get my name out there. It was also my first time doing consignment, so I can feel more prepared if I go around to more shops in my neighborhood. The store is called Light Speed if you ever want to check it out when you're in Chicago and buy one of my journals or cards.

I also got another order for my Music Composer's Notebook. I'm excited that I got a bunch of sales this week (well, not a bunch, but 3 feels like a lot for me right now). I really like this journal. When I first made it, I saw a custom order wanting a journal just like it, but they didn't end up buying it so I'm glad someone else wants it.



It's nice people are still buying for the holidays (I'm assuming it's going to be a gift for someone). I think having free shipping in my shop might have helped me get some sales. If you're thinking of buying from my shop for Christmas, remember you have to get your order in by December 20th (Saturday) to guarantee it will get to you in time.

Getting a sale was a nice way to start my first full day of winter break. I think I'm also selling a bunch of Christmas cards to my family. Even though it's selling to people I know, it's still nice.

Also, one of my journals is having a 15% off sale as part of the Bookbinding team. I forget what day I signed up for my sale to be on, but it's going to be on their blog so I will post about it the day of the sale.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Congrats on the consignment scores!

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio