Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Color Palettes I've Made

I've been creating color palettes lately out of my artwork, photographs and photos I find inspiring. Color palettes basically show the patterns of color in a photograph. I'm going to do a tutorial later on how to make these. I was mostly inspired from the blog Design Seeds, which I used the general layout of. 


This color palette is of a pretty photograph I took of the sky. I loved the white and blue colors from the photograph and wanted to see how they looked as a color palette. I love how relaxing the colors are.


This an art journaling page I did. I think adding the black color gives the color theme a sort of dark mood. Without the black, the color theme makes a nice different shades of green.


This is another photo I took of the sky. I liked the pretty, soft colors and think they make an interesting color palette.



This is "Starry Night Over the Rhone", a famous painting by Van Gogh. I like the contrasting blue and yellow colors he uses in this painting.


This is a photo I found of a leopard online. I used it as inspiration for a painting I did a few years ago.



I wanted to do a color palette for this photo because all of the colors are different shades of tan/brown. This a photo I took while I was in Venice Italy. 

I'm going to post a tutorial that shows you how to make your own color palettes. Have you ever used color palettes? 

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great colour palettes! I really love the photos you used to create them, especially the skies.

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio