Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Chicago Festivals and Craft Shows

I love checking out festivals in the spring and summer. Many are free to go to or take a donation. A lot of them have craft vendors and live music. Though I am not planning to sell my crafts at any festivals or craft shows this summer, there are many Chicago summer festivals I want to check out. 

June 3 - 5, Donation
Division Street between Damen and Leavitt

This festival has craft vendors, live music, food and a fashion show. I went one year and was able to see the band The Good Life. They take a donation.

June 11 - 12, Free
Historic Printers Row on Dearborn Street between Congress Parkway and Polk Street

BloggerImage

This 2 day festival is the largest festival of books. It has author readings, music, panel discussions and programs for children.

Remix Chicago Craft Fair
June 11-12, Free
Between Fullerton and California 

BloggerImage

This craft fair has only upcycled and reused crafts and items for sale. I love the idea of using only upcycled items. Even though I only have a couple upcycled items, I think it would be fun to participate in this craft show in the future. The event also has food, music and workshops.
 
June 18-19, Donation
Damen Avenue between North and Schiller

Sort of similar to Remix Chicago, Green Music Fest is an event that combines Art with social activism. You can see live music on a peop le powered bicycle stage. Besides music, there are also craft vendors and food. All vendors are required to be completely eco friendly.

July 15-17, $65-125
Union Park

Pitchfork Music Festival is an  annual music festival in Chicago organized by Pitchfork Media. This year, you can see  Carly Rae Jepsen, Broken Social Scene and Sufjan Stevens. I have never been, but it sounds like a fun summer music festival.

July 23-24, Free
Grounds of Science o f Spirituality in Lisle, Illinois

Veggie Fest is one of the largest vegetarian food festivals in North America with food demos, a food court,  speakers and more. I have been to Veggiefest a couple of times. I love that there is a whole festival dedicated to veganism and vegetarianism.   

July 28-31, $120+
Grant Park, Chicago

BloggerImage

Lollapalooza is a 4 day annual music festival with over 170 performances on 8 stages. Lollapalooza is kind of expensive to attend, but if you go just one day, you can see a lot of bands. This year, I would love to see Radiohead, M83, Lana del Rey, Ellie Goulding and more. There is also food from over 30 vendors. Last year, I went to the Lollapalooza area without a ticket and was able to hear bands, such as Brand New, play while I was in the park even though I did not get in. 

Chicago Air and Water Show
August 20 - 21, Free
Along lakefront from Fullerton to Oak Street, with North Avenue Beach as the focal point

BloggerImage

The Chicago Air and Water is the largest free air and water exhibition of its kind. The show features some of the top civilian and military pilots and aircraft including the U.S. Navy Blue Angels and the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds.  The first show was in 1959. I think this is a fun event to attend.

Do you like going to or vending at festivals? 

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio