Pages

Friday, April 24, 2009

Etsy Day

Happy Etsy Day! :) Etsy Day is a day started by members to help promote Etsy.com. I think it's a great idea and I wish I had some way to promote Etsy offline. Since I've been really busy with school lately, I haven't had as much time to be on etsy as much, so I've been trying to do more etsy stuff today. I joined some new groups on flickr and I just noticed #etsyday is the number 1 trending topic on twitter which is great. What ways are you planning on promoting Etsy or celebrating Etsy Day? Since today is about Etsy in general, I thought I'd post some items I have in my favorites:

Etsy Addict Bird Sign



This sign is perfect to celebrate Etsy Day. I love all the little decorations and that it says "etsy addict". :)

Hand Screen Printed Camera Zipper Pouch



I'm sure I've posted this before on my blog, but I really like this shop. It's simple, but cute pouch. Now that I've been more in to photography (taking a photography course), it'd be nice to have a pouch for my more expensive, non digital camera.

Music is My Life Letterpress



This piece of art is simple, but perfect for music lovers. I would love to have something like this up in my room (maybe by where my CDs are).

Sweet Tweet Bird Soaps



This shop has lots of cute soaps that you can't even tell are soaps at first, like popcorn shaped soap, french fries, donuts, etc. I saw one of her items on the front page the other idea. The one picture is a bird soap. I think I'm just sort of in a bird mood because of springtime. :) I think these could make great Mother's Day gifts.

Original Travel Sketch - Italy



Since I've going to traveling to Italy, sometimes I'll search for Italy themes on etsy to see what will show up. I like this artwork which looks sort of like a journal entry or something out of somebody's sketch book. I like the use of one color and the simplicity of it. She also has some cool sketches of other places, like London.

I've been also thinking of new ways to promote my own shop in new ways. I use social networking sites, linkreferral, business cards and this blog. I guess that seems like more than I thought. Any other ideas? What do people use? I was thinking of doing some paid advertising. I would just start off with something cheap since I'm not making a lot of money right now. I don't know if paid advertising is worth it or if it really works more than just using free ways.

My laptop has been broken for a while. Since my hard drive crashed, when I got a new one, I just got one with 320GB because I have so many music and picture files and figured it would be nice to get a bigger drive anyway. Except now that I got my laptop to work, it's saying there's only 20GB when there should be 320GB so I can't add any of my files yet. Does anybody have any idea why it would do this?
ways to promote my shop?

I only have a couple days left and this week is Springfest at my college which is exciting. I'm so excited for this summer. :)

3 comments:

Little Gray Pixel said...

I love this post. Thanks for the introduction to a lot of great Etsy stores, including your own. In fact, I make take a page from you and post some of my favorites on my blog today, if that's OK with you.

Celeste said...

Happy Etsy Day! This is a great post. I love all the different items from your favorites that you posted.

As for ways to promote, I use twitter, a facebook business page, and my blog. I also post in the etsy forums. I'm always looking for new ways too, but haven't tried paid advertising yet.

If you try it, let us know how it goes!

Hijiri said...

Thank you so much for featuring my print, Anna!! Love all your picks and your etsy shop!!

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio