Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Tree of Life Box

I had my first custom order from TeneikM for a box made with the Tree of Life green swirl fabric I used on this journal. I had a lot of fun making it and I think it's the best box I've made (as far as getting it perfect and the dimensions right). You can see the listing here

I took some photos while making the box. Boxes are pretty easy to make, but the hardest part for me is getting the boards right and getting the edges smooth. The boards are gluing together with a weight in the center here. I used computer paper to let the board dry on which wasn't really smart, but it worked out fine (I was out of wax paper).



This is the box with the divider in the center without the fabric covering it :


Here's how it came out:





I hope she likes it. :) Custom orders are definitely something I hope to do more of in the future - it's nice that they feel personal and that you're making something specifically for someone.

Remember, there's a sale going on in my shop (20% off all items until September 30th). I don't know how else to promote my sale except in the forums and here. I forgot to mention in my last entry I have over 50 things listed now, which is the most I've had listed sofar. I listed a couple more Halloween cards (using the technique in the tutorial posted below). I will be adding more items gradually this week (I have a bunch of cards still to put up). I got some new bookbinding supplies and just cleaned out my craft area, so hopefully I'll have time this week to make some new journals.

3 comments:

Earmark Social said...

gorgeous! i love it! what a great job!!!! I find making boxes to be entirely too tedious! Yours is truly lovely! Kudos to you!

GalxcNebula said...

This is a great print on this box!! I like that you included tutorials in your blog....very nice idea indeed!

ThreadBeaur said...

I like the pattern of the green box!

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio