Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Review: Amy's Single Serve Non-Dairy Rice Crust Cheeze Pizza


One brand I like a lot for vegan foods is Amy's. They offer a variety of frozen foods that are vegetarian and vegan. I have been trying out different vegan pizzas so I decided to try this Single Serve Non-Dairy Rice Crust Cheeze Pizza that is dairy and gluten free. 

This pizza is a single serve for one person so I thought it was a good size. You don't have to cut it and it is easy to prepare. You can cook it in the oven or microwave. I think it tastes better if you use the oven, but it is faster in the microwave. 

The pizza uses a rice crust that is gluten free. It is topped with dairy-free, soy-based mozzarella cheeze. The tomato sauce on the pizza uses organic sub ripened tomatoes with a blend of herbs. 

Overall, this pizza was just okay to me. The taste was alright. I liked the sauce because I thought the flavoring was pretty good. I did not like the taste of the cheese. It did not melt well and I did not like the texture. I have had better vegan cheese before. I also did not prefer the texture or taste of the gluten free crust. It had a kind of cardboard texture to me. 

I would eat the pizza again, but would not buy it. It was easy to prepare, but the taste wasn't worth it to me. One suggestion on Amy's website is to top the pizza with your favorite toppings so I might try this next time. Overall, I prefer other meals by Amy's better and this was more of a miss than a hit for me.

Tell me in the comments what vegan pizza brands you like. 

Do you have a vegan company or product? Let me know and I will review your product.

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio