Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

Vegan S'Mores Recipe

Remember making s’mores over a campfire? I have been wanting to try a vegan s’mores recipe. I thought since it is summer, it would be a great time to try it out. 

 
Ingredients:
  • Graham crackers: If you want to keep them vegan, find graham crackers without honey in them. You can also make your own homemade graham crackers. 
  • Vegan Marshmallows: Marshmallows usually have gelatin in them which is an animal product. I found these vegan marshmallows from the brand Dandies.
  • Chocolate Bars: Use your favorite chocolate bar. I used dark chocolate. I probably would use something a bit sweeter next time.
Ingredients:
  1. Toast your marshmallows. Lay them out on an oiled baking sheet or a sheet covered wih foil. Set your oven to broil and toast until the marshmallows are brown and slightly soft and mushy. I broiled them on low heat and flipped the baking sheet around halfway through.
  2. You can also toast marshmallows on a stovetop. Just add the marshmallows to a baking skew and cook over the flame of a stove until they are brown.
  3. Now put your s’mores together. Lay one half of a graham cracker down. Add a piece of your chocolate bar the size of your graham cracker. Add the browned marshmallow and top with another piece of graham cracker.
  4. I like my chocolate a bit melted. You can stick your s’more sandwich back in the oven or microwave for about a minute longer to melt the chocolate. 
Enjoy! Make sure to have at least two. 

1 comment:

Vicky Vacation said...

Hello mate great blog ppost

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio