Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Creative Pinterest Boards

Pinterest is a photo sharing website that helps you collect inspiration and ideas. Pinterest can be a great tool for promoting your business. Follow along with this free printable worksheet to come up with creative and interesting Pinterest board ideas. Download the worksheet here or click the button at the bottom of this post. You can look at my own notes when I filled out the worksheet for my own Pinterest.

1. First, write down what products you sell and some general words and phrases that describe your business.



2. Write down some phrases that describe the personality of your brand or shop. These could be adjectives that describe the mood and feel of your business. You might also include different styles you use in your products.




3. Who is your target market or ideal customer?




4. Describe their personality and interests more. What do they like to do for fun? What will a customer or someone be doing while using your product?



6. Could you relate your business to any special events or holidays?



7. Are there any places your business relates to?



8.  Now think of other categories related to your niche. Write these down. Take it one step farther and think of more categories that relate to the categories you wrote down.



9. Choose your favorite words or phrases from above to create in to Pinterest boards.




Writing - Since a journal can be used for writing, I thought many of my viewers or customers might be writers or like to write. I created a writing themed board on Pinterest



Edible Books - I don't want to repin a bunch of things that look just like the products I sell, but if I choose a product that isn't directly related to mine, it makes a nice board. I like looking at the creative paper making and book arts on Pinterest.




Iridescent - I wrote down different styles I have in my items such as iridescent. The different techniques I use and styles in my patterns make interesting boards. An iridescent board shows off iridescent patterns as well as other items that use iridescent styles in them such as fashion



Maps - Another style I use is maps. I like using decorative paper with maps in my journals and greeting cards. Since my business can sort of relate to travel in general, I thought a map themed board would be a good idea.



Birthday - My business relates to special events so this was a good focus for me. Birthdays, an event I related to my business, makes a fun Pinterest board since it is more unique than the typical holiday boards. Birthday cards are a product I sell. A Pinterest board could include everything from birthday cake recipes to decorations.
Download Worksheet

1 comment:

CJ from Thirty30Courtney.com said...

So simple yet effective! I have just gotten serious about growing my Pinterest network and attractive boards seem to be the key to success. Thanks for sharing your personal tips!

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio