Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

YouTube & Tumblr

I was looking on the Etsy forums one day and found this girl who started a YouTube channel about crafters and Etsy. She didn't like the traditional way of blogging so she made a video blog instead. I love watching videos on YouTube. There used to be a craft channel called Indie 5 that had different Etsy artists post videos, but they stopped doing it so it was nice to see another craft related video blog. The maker was looking for shops to feature and she decided to feature me. :) It's really neat to see a video dedicated to my shop. She talked about my shop and a few items. She also mentioned my 365 photo project on Flickr. You can watch it below:



I also keep meaning to post that I started a craft related Tumblr. Tumblr is another blogging site, but it's usually short posts like one photograph or a quote. It's more photography related than Blogger. People can "reblog" your posts, sort of like retweeting on Twitter, so it's easy to spread stuff around. I've had a personal Tumblr since last summer, but I decided to create one just to show off things that inspire me that are craft related. It's mostly other people's crafts so it's kind of different from this blog, which is mostly about my stuff. Here are some examples of things I've posted so far:









If you have a Tumblr, you can follow my blog. I also take submissions, so if you have a craft you want to submit, you can contact me or use the ask feature on Tumblr.

2 comments:

Lo Christine said...

love the cupcake photo!

Debra said...

So cool! Watched the video, hope it brings you lots of sales.

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio