Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

New Coptic Stitch Journal

I listed this new journal. I got the paper in Italy (from either Florence or Venice, I can't remember which even though I wrote Venice in the description). I think I tend to buy a lot of blue, marbled papers and they end up being some of my favorite items.

Blue and Gold Marbled Stitch Journal



I'm thinking of advertising on craftster.org, but I want to make a little more money first. There's also a challenge there where you have to make some craft item using only food/edible items. I think I might try it and maybe try to make an edible journal. I'm not sure how it will work yet (what will I use for pages?), but I think it would be fun to do even if I don't win.

I got accepted to a juried craft show happening in my hometown. I'm happy because I really want to do this show (I went to it last year, but didn't sell my crafts because I was still new at it). The only thing is I'm kind of confused on the details so I don't know if it will work out. I applied to be juried for this company and they emailed me back. The first thing they said was that the products had to be my own. I sent them a link to my etsy shop and I think because of something I said, they thought I meant I owned etsy or something and didn't make the products in my shop, haha. After that though, they said I was accepted and gave me an application for the show in my hometown which I guess I'm supposed to mail in. The application they sent me is a picture file and it is really small so it was hard to read some of the text. I'm supposed to draw out the dimensions of my space (which I did even though I've only done one other craft show and I hope I did it right). I also had to check if I wanted a "free show" or "paid" which I wasn't sure what they meant. If I have to pay though, I probably can't do it because it's more than $100 for space and I don't think I'm selling enough yet to do something like that. It's fun to apply anyway though and I'm sure they'll be lots of more craft shows if this one doesn't work out.

I also sold some stuff on EBay which is good because I really needed the money. It's also nice to get rid of old stuff I don't need anymore. If you're looking for some used juniors tops or magazines, you can check out my EBay items for sale here (just click "items for sale" on the left side).

I just learned I got featured in this treasury here:



I bought some new items for journals, like glue and some decorative paper so I can start working on new projects. My sister moved out of her own room in to an apartment so we're turning it in to a craft room that my mom is going to use. Even though I don't live here during the year, I'm going to keep all my craft supplies in there, which is great because I always run out of room in my bedroom. I can also work in there. It will also have the sewing machine and a computer. I'm hoping to decorate it in some fun way so if you have any ideas, let me know! I'm already inspired from looking at people's crafting rooms and areas on flickr.

Unrelated to etsy, but I got some new ideas for blogs. I might start a music related community/blog on livejournal. I think it will have things like mixtapes, links to download songs, music reviews/recommendations, photos, etc. I have some ideas for names, but I'm having trouble narrowing it down. I also can't decide if I want it weekly or randomly updated. I'll post a link and more about it if I get it up.

I also got an idea for a photography journal where I post a photo every day - either my photograph or something I found online. I have a ton of pictures I save so I thought that'd be a good way to be creative with it. I was thinking of making it private online, but now I'm thinking it'd be easier to have it online and probably private (unless people would be interested in seeing it, the only thing is if it's public, I don't know if I have to get permission to use someone else's photos).

I also bought a Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith which is a journal that asks you to do different tasks that are random - like to draw circles covering the page or take the journal in the shower with you. It's supposed to teach you to let go of your fears and kind of change your ideas about what journaling can be. I'm really happy I got it. I guess I miss journaling because I'm not really keeping a regular art/writing journal right now.

3 comments:

Curtis Collectables :) said...

That is beautiful paper. I love it.

Eye Shutter to Think said...

Love the pattern & blue colors. Thanks for sharing :)

readingsully2 said...

Wow, that blue takes my breath away.

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio