Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter Weekend / Passover. To celebrate the holidays, there's a 10% off everything sale going in my shop this weekend. Just enter the code "EASTER" at checkout. Some good items for Easter:

Spring Garden Journal



Cupcake Desserts Cookbook (Sale)



Green Bird Journal



Purple Donut Altered Journal (Sale)



I got my fixed camera in the mail today. It's a little upgraded version from my old one which is nice. It also takes photos in "high definition" which I think my old one did too, but it's cool to think about. I also needed it for my Photography class. The only project I have left is my final and I want to do something with springtime and showing nature blooming. I want to have some photos in black and white and some in color (and maybe some in between) so I needed my digital for color. It's too bad I left some of my journals at home I needed to take photos of.

There's not a whole lot of new stuff in ym shop. I haven't been able to work on items, but I also haven't been selling a lot, so I don't feel a need to go out and make a bunch of items right now. I'm going to send some of my business cards out because I have a bunch I haven't really been using so hopefully that will attract some customers. I've also been using my twitter a little more to mini blog (or just respond to people). There's also a little box on the right side of this blog that shows my most recent tweets. That site's been getting a lot bigger lately it seems. I remember finding it on the etsy forums last year and thinking it was probably something no one else had heard of it.

I also made a thread on etsy about PETA attacking Etsy for selling items with fur and how they should not allow shops to have it. The petition is here. I'm in to animal rights so it's kind of an important topic for me. Even though I agree that fur shouldn't be sold in shops and it's morally wrong, I don't know how I feel about Etsy telling shop owners they can't sell something. It's funny I got a lot of really negative responses towards PETA on the etsy forum, but when I posted on the EtsyVeg team message board, everybody seemed to agree with them. What do you think?

Hope everyone has a good Easter!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

i agree with you about the petition. animal rights aside, they can't tell them what they can and can't sell. i wouldn't sell fur, but who am i to say someone else can't? happy (late) VGNO!

Ann Harrison said...

Anna,

Thank you so much for being a part of the Virtual GNO! I hope you've met some wonderful bloggers.

Your journals are beautiful! I love your choices of color and design.

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio