Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Oscar's Items

I made a couple new journals for the first time in a while. One was the Music Lovers Address Book, which I had to redo because I lost the original one. I'm also working on a new journal that's pretty big and has this really pretty flower paper from Italy. It has this red theme - there's red flowers on the outside and bright red paper on the inside. I really like how it looks sofar. I haven't figured out where I'm going to store my items in my room yet. I just sort of keep them on the table for now. Hopefully, I can find some shelf or drawer space.

Some of my election day items and Halloween cards expired, which is actually nice to clean up a little. I guess I can save the Halloween cards for next year, I'm not sure about the cards encouraging people to vote though. Since it's no longer Valentine's Day, I made a new section in my shop celebrating the Oscar's. I have a few movie related items in my shop so I thought they would fit with an "Oscar's Night" theme. Here's some of the items I included:

Center Stage Movie Recycled Journal



I started making a set of movie related journals. I used to collect movie advertisements from magazines when I was little and I had a whole pile of them laying in my closet. I thought they would be good to use for the cover of journals and I would coptic stitch the pages together. The problem is there's some imperfections on the journals (the paper of the movie poster didn't really smooth down when I glued it on the board for the cover) so I either put them on sale price or didn't list them.

This journal uses a movie poster from Center Stage, a movie about a group of dancers with different backgrounds who enroll in a ballet academy in New York. I first saw this movie a while ago. It's sort of a teen movie and it's aimed a lot towards dancers, but I thought it was a really good movie and I consider it one of my favorites.

Lizzie McGuire Movie Poster Recycled Journal



This is another movie poster journal that uses a Lizzie McGuire poster. It also uses blue, polka dot decorative paper on the inside. I really like how it turned out, even though I guess it's kind of outdated since there's a new generation of Disney stars now.

By the way, if you have a favorite movie or have a movie poster or advertisement from a movie you really like, I could make a journal or card for you featuring that poster. You just have to custom order from my shop. :)

Black and White Faces in Crowd Journal



This journal (and a card I made with the same fabric) uses a black and white fabric with faces of icons on it. I'm not sure who exact people are, but I know it's real celebrities on there. Tell me if you recognize anyone.

Good News Greeting Card



This card uses a newspaper decorative paper and says "I heard the good news..." on the inside. I added this because it could be a card you give someone when they win some type of award (like an Oscar) and they receive any good news.

You can see the whole section here.

Kind of off topic, but I also got new pens in the mail. They're the Pigma Micron 05 collection with different colors. I use them for my own journaling and I'm going to use them in my planner too. It's nice to have good quality pens and I've been looking for different colors for a while. They're pretty thick so they're also good for writing letters and writing addresses for mailing stuff for etsy.

2 comments:

LUCY BLAIRE said...

I LOVE the faces in the crowd one! Cool designs.

Unknown said...

I like the faces one too. You've been tagged! Stop by to see.

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio