Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Interview: Dreamcatchers from Tiaralianna


Tiaralianna makes dreamcatchers and string art made of vintage finds and handmade pieces. Legend says that bad dreams get caught in the web of a dreamcatcher, while good dreams pass through to ensure good dreams while you sleep. Dreamcatchers can be used as car accessories, worn as jewelry or can be used as decor.

Why did you decide to sell dreamcatchers in your shop? 
I created my first dream catcher in 2013 as a project but had no intention of selling. Mid 2015 I started creating more dream catchers as a hobby, again I didn't intend on selling any. My boyfriend of 5 years was the one who first saw my potential and decided to create my shop name and Instagram account Late 2015. He even sold a bunch of my first dreamcatchers. From there I got inspired to make it a small business and took over the shop myself. 

How would you describe your style?
I've come to realize I don't really have a set style. Rather, my dreamcatcher style varies from whatever inspires! A lot of my style comes from bohemian, hippie, and cottage chic looks. I love creating both traditional and non traditional styles with each dreamcatcher being unique.

What is your creative process like?
Creating dreamcatchers is very therapeutic for me. Often when I start creating dreamcatchers I envision the end result and run with it. However, sometimes that's not always the case. Times when I feel uninspired I like to hit up a bunch of craft and/or thrift stores and pick up some beautiful pieces such as doilies, yarn, etc. I often get inspired this way.



Describe your studio space. Where do you work?
Everything I do regarding my shop is from my home in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. Most of the time I find my self working in my home studio or on my balcony ledge where I get a gorgeous view of nature.

What is your favorite feature on Etsy?
My favorite feature on Etsy is the review tool. I love hearing customer feedback. I have yet to receive a negative review, but I'm sure if it's constructive feedback I wouldn't mind either way. Being that my studio space is filled with dreamcatchers, it's hard to let a lot of them go. The review feature allows me to hear from their new owner, it makes my day!

Do you use any other websites?
Instagram and Facebook is my main social media platforms. I sell my dreamcatchers online on Etsy along with in person sales. My hopes are to create a website for my shop separate from Etsy.

Where do you get inspiration?
Working with art has always been a creative outlet for me. I believe that God gives everyone a gift, intended to glorify Him. My gift, however small, is a gift of creativity none the less. What good is a gift if it isn't shared? Knowing that my creative ability was intended for his purpose inspires me to keep creating art. 

What is your favorite way to promote your shop?
Social media has always been my favorite way in promoting what I do. Instagram and Facebook in particular are sites I enjoying using. These sites allows me to interact with users in a way that's more personal along with showing others an inside look of what I do. Through social media I like to post pictures about shop updates along with my creative process.

Do you sell wholesale or consignment?
I do not sell wholesale or consignment at the moment. I'm open to the idea but for now I'm selling direct.

Do you ever do craft shows?
I have yet to do a craft show but I aspire to be a part of one in the future! 



Do you make other types of art? 
Yes! On my Etsy shop I list string art. My first dreamcatcher was a combination of both string art and dreamcatcher. The materials I used for the base were a wooden board, nails, and string. I created this piece by hammering the nails in a circle and weaved the pattern with string. I plan to recreate more of these in the near future. Since it's a stable wall-hanging, I use mine for hanging earrings and necklaces.

What do you hope for the future with your shop? 
In the future I hope to create my own website where I can list my dream catchers along with pictures and videos of my creative process.

Is there anything else you would like to add? 

Thank you so much for taking interest in my shop! If you like what I do, check out my mother on Instagram: @ieggmedia. She is an artist that works with chalk, paint, and digital mediums. She's one of my biggest role models and encourages me to follow my creative passion.

No comments:

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio