Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Worldwide Moment

There's this photography project called Worldwide Moment that I thought some people might be interested in. How it works is people from all around the world take a photograph at the same time and then upload it to their website. The idea is that we all celebrate a moment of peace together. It's also a lot of fun to see everyone's photos and what everyone was doing at the same time.

The moment happens this year at: 2009's Moment occurs when the time is Wednesday September 9, 2009 at 9:09AM in the +09GMT time zone, or 09.09.09+09GMT@09:09. (To see what time that is for you, click here, that's tonight!)

If you're interested check out:
Worldwide Moment Website
Their Twitter

It would help if you could retweet about them (use the #worldwidemoment in your tweet to help make it a trending topic), post about it on Facebook, etc. so we can get a lot of people participating. There's already a ton more people than last year. I posted some flyers (that you can get on their website) around my college campus.

I participated last year and this was my photo. I was at my grandma's house in Boston on vacation with my family and I was making this peppermint brownie thing (that actually didn't turn out that well, but I still ate it).



Btw, check out the logo on the Worldwide Moment website and see if you see anything familiar. ;) Let me know if you sign up.

Remember, there's a sale going on in my shop all this week. See last entry's post or my shop for details and check out the EtsyVeg blog.

2 comments:

Peebs And Roo said...

That's very interesting and very cool! If my memory card wasn't full, I'd definitely participate. I will try and do it next year though.

http://peebsandroo.blogspot.com/

Russian Doll Designs said...

I love this idea! Just read about it today so I guess I have missed the moment now!

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio