Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Autism Awareness Box

I just listed this Autism Awareness Box listed:



25% of the payment goes to an autism charity to help support autism awareness. It uses the official autism awareness puzzle piece fabric. I made a couple autism items in my shop because my brother has autism and I'm also part of the Etsy for Autism team on etsy. You can see my Autism Awareness Journal here:



I also have another mini version of that journal in a shop called Light Speed in Chicago (see my shop announcements for the address of it in case you're in the Chicago area).

I applied for a few craft shows, but haven't heard anything back yet. I applied to one market place, paid them money and they never contacted me so I emailed them. Someone emailed me back and said they were really sorry and would look at my application as soon as possible, but I still haven't heard anything from them. Sometimes personal emails get in to my Spam box accidentally, but I've checked my Spam to make sure of that. Do you think I should email me back? I would just ignore it and apply somewhere else, but I already paid them.

I'm working on a bunch of new items. I got this really cute zebra decorative paper and I made a card and journal with it. The journal is really cute because the stitching uses both black and white thread to match the paper. I found matching zebra fabric lying around right after I made the items. I actually like the paper better though.

I've also been working on my craft room. It was my sister's old room, but my mom and I are using it as our craft room. I think it'll just be really nice to store everything in there. I have one shelf where I'm keeping fabric and another where I'm keeping all the books I'm selling on EBay and half.com (not etsy related, but I needed somewhere to store them). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all my decorative paper yet because you have to lie it flat. If you have any ideas for organizing/decorating items, let me know. Also feel free to share your crafting space. :)

I noticed I almost have 100 followers. I don't usually do giveaways, but I was thinking of giving a prize to the 100th follower or having some giveaway contest. I'll have to think of some ideas, but I'll keep you updated on that if I decide to do it. The prize would be one of my smaller items - like your choice of a greeting card or mini book.

2 comments:

kadler said...

That's wonderful! I love the box.

Sorry I'm not a merchant - wish I had some advice for you :)

♥ Megkip said...

I love the puzzle pattern :)

Copyright © My Thread of Thought. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template by The October Studio